Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Madelyn Reads from Psalm 100:1-3

Last week and this week, the kids and I have been reading Psalm 100.  Monday, Madelyn asked me if she could read it for us.  Of course, I was thrilled.  Many times since, she has delighted us with the reading.  Her reading is coming along.  I still don't think she realizes that she could pick up many of the books off our shelf and read them.  There is a moment, I believe, when children possess a confidence and desire then, just do it.  This week, I have seen a spark of confidence in Maddie.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Job, Maddie!!!!

I love hearing her sweet little voice, and yours, too:)

I know what you mean - Rae realized this past week that she could read her chapter books by herself! I love it.

CS Stanley said...

Madeline! way to go! that was beautiful. You're a great reader and I'd love to hear you read more on my next visit.
~Uncle Chris.

Gretchen said...

Way to go, Madelyn! I am so proud of how you read and of what you read. It was so sweet to hear your little voice reading God's word! It is so exciting to know that you will be able to read for yourself about how much He loves you! We miss you precious little girl!

Shanda said...

Wow, Maddie, that was great! I am so proud of you--you are a great reader! You should be so proud of yourself. :) There is nothing better or more exciting to read than God's Word. Keep up the good work! I am looking forward to seeing you soon! I love you very much!

Love,
Aunt Shanda