Saturday, April 12, 2008

Family Birthday Party











Every year our family celebrates our kid's birthdays with one party.  We have Spring babies, all of our kid's birthdays are within weeks of each other.  The idea of having one party for the kids was hard for me to swallow at first.  It was Scott's idea and I finally saw the simpleness and sweetness to it and came around.  Today was our celebration with extended family.  It was a chance to come together and rejoice in these little ones that are growing so well and shining so brightly.  


All of our family came to love on our little ones.  Each of them bearing many gifts.  We had lunch, played, chatted and shared cake together.  It was sweet.  I am so thankful for family members that make it a priority to share these moments with us.  They give so freely and love so generously.

My little niece and nephew came along with my brother, Ryan, and my sister-in-law, Stephanie.  My sweet niece, Anna Kristin, just turned 6.  Anna Kristin was born 10 days before Madelyn, talk about birthday season.  My nephew, Grayson, just broke his little leg this past week on a trampoline.  Poor little guy.  I had to take a picture of him with his bright orange cast.  He is a trooper.

At one point today, if you had walked into my living room, you would have thought you were in Toys R Us.  It was like an extravagant Christmas here when it was present opening time.  Now picture four children, under the age of 8, opening several gifts from their grandparents and aunt and uncle.  It was quite a scene.  The kids racked up on some really nice toys and such.   The grandparents went all out.  We are thankful for such gift givers in our family.  

We had a grand time.  I am so exhausted, but it was all worth it.  Family time is the best.  I just love to see my kids nestled up against my brother, my mother, my father-in-law, my dad, my sister-in-laws, all of them.  It warms my heart and is the greatest gift on this day we had set aside to celebrate the birthdays of these sweet & precious children.  

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

sounds like you had a great family and fun filled weekend! Loved seeing all the happy faces. Happy Birthday Again!!! Love you all, Jen

Unknown said...

poor little Grayson!!

Yay!! Happy Birthday Party:) It looks like such a great time! I wanna come....

I completely agree. There's something so sweet about seeing your little one's curled up beside your brother/uncle, those who have meant so much to you for so long. It's a precious moment!!

I'm glad you all had such a great time.