Monday, April 7, 2008

Mad for Mads Today

Today was a fun day celebrating Madelyn. We were able to get in a lot of activities before Maddie started feeling bad. She ended up with a fever about mid-day. She was and always is a trooper.

We have a tradition for the kids on their birthdays. They get to pick special cards out of a birthday basket all day long. For example, the card may say, "Let's paint" or "You may have a piece of chocolate" or in Madelyn's case, "Let's have a tea party." I get to come up with ideas and must be willing to follow through when the card is chosen. The kids really enjoy it.

Madelyn requested chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Little suggestion, don't ever try to put several candles in a small stack of pancakes. :)  Maddie got a new stack and they were so yummy!

Mads requested tofu, rice and cauliflower for supper. Her special dessert of choice was a vanilla milkshake with chocolate chips and peanuts. Dad whipped that up for her.

Madelyn was truly honored and pampered today. Hopefully her fever will go away and she will be skipping around in no time. Madelyn loves to skip.

I have added a little clip of Brayden just before bed. Note, this was after the milkshake. 













2 comments:

Unknown said...

that was hilarious!!!! oh my goodness, what a cutie! I bet he slept well after that?! hahaha

I loved hearing you and Scott laughing in the background, too. So sweet! It made me miss you even more than I already do.....didn't think that was possible.

Poor Maddie!! You're not supposed to get sick on your birthday!!! That's a bummer. But, as usual, you have an amazing gift for making those around you feel special. You can see in Maddie's face that she feels very special and honored!

I LOVE the card idea!!!! I'm totally going to use that one:)

much love,
em

laurie said...

Dido with Em!! I am quite impressed that Anna, you weren't completely busting out laughing. You did a good job holding it :-) As for Brayden, I wish I could blame Tate's behavior liek that in the crib on a milkshake! He and Tate would never have a dull moment giggling!

Love you bunches!!!

Laurie