Monday, April 21, 2008

Madelyn's Hats








While we were at my Mom's house, Maddie and my mom had a little time to themselves. Mom showed Madelyn a tiny knitting loom that could be used to make a hat for a baby doll. Maddie immediately took to it and began working on her first knitting project. We had to go soon after that, so she brought the loom and yarn home with her. Today, she finished her little hat. It was such a sweet moment when she realized that she had made something on her own. I did tie up the end part, but she did everything else. Kalen was amazed at her work and asked her to make a hat for his monkey. An hour later, monkey had a hat. Of course, proud Mom was there to take photos.  


Madelyn has a true interest in crocheting, knitting and sewing. Thankfully, her grandmother knows a lot more than I do. We are so proud of this interest she has and that she is confident enough to pursue something that is a challenge.

Way to go, Madelyn!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! way to go, Maddie! That's great! I'm very impressed.

Gretchen said...

I love the hat you made for your adorable little monkey! You are very talented, Madelyn!