Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Brayden's Day










We celebrated little B all day yesterday. When I went to get him after he woke up, I told him it was his birthday. He said, "Oooh." So cute, so clueless. At two, they don't really know what is meant by "birthday". He took what he could get though. We fixed up his favorite breakfast, French Toast. Yum! Of course, it was served up on his special plate. Thanks again, Laurie.

We pampered him the entire day. We even went out to one of our favorite parks. Scott met us there and we had such a sweet time. As it started to rain, we headed home for supper and cake. I baked a carrot cake. I got the recipe for that from my friend, Jen. Yes, it is totally vegan and so very delicious!

As I was putting Brayden down last night. I cradled him and told him how very special he is. I said, "Brayden, today is your birthday and you are two!" He said, "Yes." I laid him down in his bed, covered him up and told him good night and I love you. Then, as I was walking out of the room, I said, "Brayden, Happy Birthday!" He said, "Okay." So simple. So sweet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, how precious!

Happy Birthday, Brayden!!!!! We love you buddy. It's such a blessing to see your little personality developing! You make mommy and daddy so happy, sweet boy.