Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pictures of Our Weekend



The boys washed their bikes.  Cute.


Kalen working.



Okay, so a week ago, I bought these glamorous glasses at Target.  I was needing some darker ones.  They are so big.  Scott and I call them my "glam glasses", like I am a movie star or something.  Funny.




Eleanor, Brantley and Katie


Eleanor hugging Maddie in the backyard.



Miss Eleanor Gasaway



My weekend started out wonderfully on Friday with shopping.  Scott stayed with kids and I went out and used some of my birthday money on some new clothes.  That was such a treat and a rare thrill.  Thanks Scott.

That afternoon, Scott took JJ out to Mad Hatter's for fries and a little reading time, while I took the others on a big bike ride.  To reward the kid's efforts, we went to a park on the way.
Saturday was a full day of fun as a family.  We went to the farmer's market in Durham, the bike shop, Whole Foods and the library.  We picked up a couple of blackberry bushes at Whole Foods.  We miss having a blackberry bush.  We had one in Boone.  

Sunday, we we went to church and a cook out at one of our neighbor's house.  That was a lot of fun.  Their house has the exact same layout as our house, but, as you could imagine, looks totally different.  That was interesting to check out.  Bill, our neighbor, fixed us some veggie burgers.  We had a great time.

Monday, we had the Gasaway family over.  They came to NC last week from Iowa.  It was great to visit with them and attend a picnic with them and some more folks at Duke Gardens last night.  

That about wraps it up.  Just a bit ago, after the kids and I did a bit of homeschooling, we headed out to the bike trail to enjoy this beautiful warm weather.  It is so nice to be able to get out and go with these kids.  Thank you, Lord, for good health and good times!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Looks like y'all had a great weekend. I had a question on your reply back to Daphne about posting a video from You Tube. I've tried it doing what you said but for some reason it won't "paste" the entire "embedded address." Have you encountered this and do you have any suggestions? Thanks ~ Fran

Jennifer said...

Hope it is okay, I have added your link to my web. Looks like you had a wonderful fun filled weekend! Have a great day,