Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Get Out and Vote!




This morning, we loaded up the kids and went to a local elementary school to vote.  It was such a pleasure and thrill for me this time. 


Last night, I was chatting with Maddie before bed.  I usually talk with her about what we may be doing the next day.  I told her that we were going to vote in the morning.  She said, "What for, Mom?"  I said, "Remember how there are people that are leaders in our country and government?"  She said, "Uh-huh."  I told her about how people over 18 get to go vote and be a part of the electing process.  I reminded her about Barack Obama and how we had talked about who he is and how he is running for President.  I told her that I was excited that I get to vote for him.  She said, "Because you want to be President."  "No," I quickly told her, "I get to go somewhere tomorrow and write down who I want to be President."  "Oh," she said, "You want Obottom to be in charge?"  I said, "Yes, Obama!"  

If any of my NC readers have not voted yet, go on, get on out there and vote!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Great pictures!!! I love your conversation with Maddie! SO CUTE!! Obottom:)

Rae said "Barocka Obama" for the longest time:)

North Carolina really came through for Barocka Obottom!!!! Go NC:)