Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Her Love Notes





Our sweet 6 year old, Madelyn, loves to write people notes.  She is so good at encouraging others.  She has given Scott and I countless notes over the past year.  I love it!  


One of my favorite parts of dating and being wooed by Scott was receiving notes from him.  He still leaves me sweet notes occasionally, but it is so exciting to get notes from someone else I love dearly.  

Here lately, she likes to write at night.  She will secretly leave notes on our pillow.  So sweet.  The messages just melt our hearts.  

I am so thankful for the gift of words, they mean so much.  Hand written notes are not as popular as they use to be, because of email, blogging, text messaging and such.  Not that these methods can not be endearing and such, but there is just something about knowing that someone took the time to sit down and write out a message just for you.  

Encourage someone today, write them a note with your hand and a pen.  Just as Maddie does, you are sure to brighten someone's day and put a smile on their face.

5 comments:

The Presnell's said...

I can't wait for Skylar to do things like this. That is so sweet. She is such a pretty little girl. :)

Unknown said...

It is precious, isn't it?! Raegan and Reece both write Gavin and me love letters. I cherish them:)

Sweet Madelyn!! I just love that girl:)

Jennifer said...

What a treasure, and she will love looking at these when she is older. I have a friend you wrote her mom a recipe and when she bought a house her mom framed it and put it in her kitchen and it is precious!

Kallie said...

What a sweet girl! I must say that even though I know my boys love me, they don't quite express it the same way. I have to remind my brother about my mom's b-day and mother's day etc...my boys need a sister!

Jen said...

So endearing...Coy sometimes will draw a picture of me with a halo. He'll say, "Mommy your my angel." My heart melts.